Thursday, January 28, 2010

In the spirit of living in the moment


After reading what I wrote in my second to last post (let's all just ignore the mental breakdown that was my most recent) Corey and I sat down and had a little chat. By the grace of God, we managed to be on exactly the same page about things and made a decision: we are going on vacation.

Had I known exactly how stressful real vacation planning is, I might have rethought our conclusion, but a week later I am happy to say that we have researched, re-researched, compared, and agreed on a location as well as booked it, paid for it, and mentally packed for it.

We are going on a seven day cruise of the Western Caribbean with stops in Belize, Honduras, the Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico. Clear water and warm, humid air never sounded so sweet.

We did decide on Carnival cruise lines, which we're a bit leery about given the party ship claim to fame they have, but the fact of the matter is that I somehow became inherently cheap and had we decided to go on Princess we would have gone with a less expensive interior room. Granted, many people stay in those rooms and things go well for them, but let's just say I've seen Titanic and the people with the suites get on the rescue boats first. So, we decided to ride in style on Carnival and take the money we'll save and use it on scuba diving the great barrier reef and zip line rides through the Belizean jungle.

The money vacating our savings account has bothered me much less than I thought it would, and I can honestly say that I think the memories will be worth every penny.

Now I just have to figure out how my parents will survive eight days of their Grand-dog, the Beagador Crown Prince of the Western Hemisphere. May the Lord be with them.

3 comments:

Webb said...

Congratulations!!!

I hope my intense, practically blinding, jealousy for your upcoming vacation gives you some level of "so there" to combat your well restrained disdain for our little accidents. I really am happy you and the boy are going for it! Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Your father and I will survive the Crown Prince, although I do think that he will understand the word NO a little better by the time you get back. That or he will miss you so much he will spend his time visiting the vet and pining away for his softly hearted mother to come back and save him from his mean old grandmother. I will give him lots of ice and carrots his favorite T.R.E.A.T.S.
Oh, and Jacob, she doesn't mean you unless you want to give her one of your children. LOL

Jensen Family said...

You guys will have so much fun! We went on Carnival at the end of November and it wasn't to bad with the partying! Have fun!