Monday, December 6, 2010

36 week baby update

How far along? 36 weeks

Total Weight Gain? 26.5 pounds. The weight loss wasn't meant to be a streak. This up and down thing seems to be a pattern, so I'm hoping that I won't have put much on at the next appointment. I don't have any room in there to eat, so I guess as long as my jeans keep fitting the same I'm not going to stress too much...

Maternity Clothes? Ugh. Just ugh.

Stretch Marks? I think I have one. It looks weird, and we thought it was a vein because it's blue, but it won't go away. Such a tragedy.

Sleep? Who needs it?

Best Moment This Week? Being one week away from full term! It's unbelievable really. We're dilated 1cm and 70% effaced, so I'm happy about that. The closer I can be to a normal pregnant woman, the better.

Movement? She rolls around and is searching for the exit on a regular basis.

Food Cravings? I wanted some peanut butter M&Ms the other day, but they were out. I have a feeling it was divine intervention!

Gender? As our house turns decidedly more pink I hope she's still a girl.

Labor signs? My contractions are getting more and more painful and more frequent, so I spent a week on bedrest. Since we're getting so close to due date though I don't think they're too concerned even if she comes today, so I've been given sweet freedom. Not that I have much energy to do anything though.

Belly Button? Only because of the unfathomable depths of my belly button is it still an innie. I just don't think that thing could pop out no matter how many babies were in there.

What I Miss? Eating or drinking anything without getting nauseous. I think this is what it feels like to have a lap band, and I feel awful for those people. A thimble of water? Half an egg? It's crazy!

What I Am Looking Forward To? The rest of the cloth diapers coming in today. I think that's the last thing on our to-buy list.

Weekly Wisdom? The last few weeks fly by so do everything early! I don't even have the bag packed yet! Yikes.

Milestones? Nothing really - but this is the last week that she would be considered premature. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost done. Both of you. I know that this is easier for me to say, but I can't wait to meet her. Her Grandmother is getting impatient. Oh and scratch Sprocket behind the ears, no, I haven't forgotten about him.
Stretch marks are a memory of a special time in your life. They fade so don't worry about them.
I am so proud of all of you!!!! You bring a tear to my eye!
MOM