Friday, October 17, 2008

The ring


<
Corey and I got engaged over a year ago, at 3 in the morning. It wasn't flowery, or a big show - it was just a heartfelt moment that I will remember for the rest of my life.

However, Corey knows that now and then a girl needs a little tradition and a good story to tell. So, we spent a lot of time looking at rings and talking about what I liked, and researching jewelers in the area. Eventually, he found a place he liked and they helped him design a ring that would be perfect for me! I had fallen in love with the tulip setting months ago, but knew it wouldn't work with the wedding bands we were set on, so I resigned myself to having something I loved a little less when it came to my engagement ring. But, since Corey can never bring himself to let me be disappointed, he worked with the jeweler to figure out how to make it work.

And it felt like it would take MONTHS.

Well, yesterday it was done.

I came home to a rose petal trail leading to the bedroom, which was packed full of balloons and that sign on the wall. And to my left was Corey, down on one knee holding the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. Apparently it is virtually impossible to take a good picture of an engagement ring without special jewelry photography skills, but here's the best we could do:



So, although I've had a fiance for a while now the whole theatrics of it all were very appreciated - from asking my parents' permission to a personal engraving on the inside of my ring.

I would have married this man with a cigar band ring and an Elvis impersonating JOP, but I'm happy to have things this way too. And before you ask, the wedding is a ways away. We're thinking next fall - in Vegas! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both. We send you our love, Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Hey Christina, It's me Robert. I know, it has been a while. Anyway, I just had to say congratulations and that I am very happy for you. I've read a few of your blogs and never took the time to respond but it sounds like you have an awesome relationship going and I couldn't be more excited for you. I hope you are having a great Sunday even though the Cowboys got stomped (hahaha). Hey at least the Red Sox are not going to repeat as WS champions!

Jensen Family said...

Yay how exciting! What a beautiful ring! Congratulations!