Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day Eleven and Thanksgiving Eve

Today's blog challenge asks me to list my favorite TV shows, and that's a bit of a tough one. I have the TV or radio on a lot at home because I love ambient noise, but I really don't care much what is on. Generally it's the Food Network or the Cooking Channel, but when the boy is home he throws a fit over that stuff so it changes to whatever is on HBO. I do love Jeopardy and am convinced that Peanut will be smarter because we watch it, and I also love CNBC shows about money because it baffles me how people can be so stupid economically. We also watch Boardwalk Empire and the funny shows on Wednesday night - Modern Family, The Middle, and Cougartown.

As for Thanksgiving - it has already been dramatic and hasn't' even happened yet. My parents had planned on coming down to our place, which NEVER happens because they hate travelling during holidays. We hate it too, so this year we jumped on the chance to use my ginormous belly to our advantage and say that the holidays were here. Unfortunately, my Dad had some work emergencies come up this week and it didn't look like they were going to be able to make it after all, but last word at publishing time said that they were coming so we will see.

I'm struggling quite a bit, as I'm sure all pregnant women do, with balancing getting everything done and taking it easy for the little girl. I get a lot more contractions when I'm super busy so I know that's my cue to rest, but there is so much on my to-do list it is ridiculous. Especially with company coming there are beds to be made, food to cook, china to wash, and copious amounts of grocery shopping to be done and really all I want to do is lay in bed and watch the aforementioned programming.

I hope that when she gets here it becomes easier for me to ignore the messy kitchen and the spring cleaning and the meal planning because otherwise I'm going to be a walking zombie.

Apparently this motherhood thing doesn't come as naturally to me as it does to others.

My entire family wishes you and yours and fantastic Thanksgiving, and I hope you find time to think about what you're thankful for!

No comments: