Friday, October 22, 2010

30 week baby update

How far along? 30 weeks

Total Weight Gain? 20 pounds - up another pound from my 28 week appt. Apparently this kind of thing is normal, but I feel like an orca.

Maternity Clothes? Still hate 'em. I wear mostly dresses and yoga pants so I don't have to look at that stupid belly panel on the maternity jeans.

Stretch Marks? Nope. Which means if I'm getting maternity pictures I should probably do it now before my belly blows up.

Sleep? Yes, Corey is sleeping just fine, thank you.

Best Moment This Week? Hmmm. This week has been kinda blah. Last Saturday I slept three hours in a row though, so that was pretty exciting!

Movement? She's out of room to kick, so she mostly just rolls and prods me with knees and elbows. It looks a bit like a waterbed mattress when you look at my bare belly.

Food Cravings? Sour apple Jolly Ranchers sound good. Hard candy helps with the heartburn and the taste of vomit, so I think I'll go pick some up.

Gender? Girl. And if it's somehow a boy who has been hiding his parts this whole time I'm punishing him by making him sleep in a pink nursery with girl monkeys all over the walls.

Labor signs? Nope. So far, so good. She's still enjoying her stay at casa de uterus.

Belly Button? I can't see the thing, but Corey says it's getting more and more shallow. If it pops out I will be duct taping it daily.

What I Miss? Not waddling.

What I Am Looking Forward To? Her Pack N Play should be here today. Long term I'm looking forward to not taking these stupid iron pills for anemia. Yuck!

Weekly Wisdom? Don't be friends with people who only gained 15 pounds during their pregnancy. They were only put here to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves.

Milestones? 30 weeks baby! That's rounding third and heading for home! I never thought we would make it this far.

3 comments:

Webb said...

It's not just the ones that only gain 15lbs during pregnancy, it's the ones that are skinny as a rail prior to pregnancy and then immediately following the birth they're in their old pre-prego jeans, wearing them home from the hospital. Millie has a cousin like that.

Great update though! Glad to hear the boy is getting some sleep! Just ten more weeks to go!

Sam said...

I love the update!! Some of your responses had me laughing :) Keep up the good work, momma! She will be here before you know it :)

Johnna Jayne said...

You are doing awesome! I gained a nice 50 fat pounds. I think those 15 lb. gainers are a real rarity, or at least that's what I'd like to think.