Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughts and Day Six

I love beautiful things. Of course I love things like diamonds and pearls and Cartier Christmas ornaments, but mostly I love beautiful things like framed pictures of family, flower pots on windowsills, and stacks of Halloween pumpkins just waiting to be carved.

I often blog-stalk with mouth agape, deeply envious and impressed by the creative abilities my distant acquaintances have. Some of them have massive amounts of money that allow them to peruse the Restoration Hardware seasonal catalog and place orders longer than my grocery list (and seriously, who does RH think they are - Louis Vuitton?). But some of them have an innate ability to walk into a Goodwill store with eight dollars and walk out with a piece of furniture that will look like it came from Pottery Barn.

I do not have this creative gene. Never have, never will. My mom can paint, and draw and sculpt, but she kept all of this to herself because the best I could do in art class was trace a comic and pretend I free handed it.

So, I am trying desperately (with the help of copying other's creativity) to make our house a beautiful place, but it is very slow going. I pick up things here and there, but I lack the ability to picture the items once they are in my house and often time they get to the place I intended them to be and they just don't fit.

Also, I have the energy of a thirty-five year old pack mule (is that old for a pack mule? I assume so.), but that is another thing altogether. If this supposed 'nesting' doesn't kick in the Peanut is going to throw a fit when we get her home from the hospital. I'm counting on this mythical stage to visit soon so I can finish her shopping, put together the rest of the nursery, and (cringe) finish unpacking because apparently getting the cardboard boxes out of my house in two months is just too much to ask.

And now, for the day six task. Pictures that make me smile:


Corey helped me with this project when he could see that I was about to go crazy from wedding related crap. I love how it turned out.


No offense to any of your canines, but it's pretty much a fact that Sprocket is the cutest thing on four legs.


My boys.


Our little miracle.

No comments: