Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Four

Today's post is scheduled to be about my parents and the reason that I'm posting it a bit later than originally planned is that I couldn't find a picture of my parents in my computer. I asked my mom to send me one last week, but she's ignoring me so it would be only fair if I scrounged one up from Christmas morning without makeup. But, I'm sweet so I'll settle for this one.



My parents are pretty much the coolest parents in the history of the world. My mom is a five foot tall-ish positive thinker who likes to spend her time making lists and cutting coupons. My dad is a six foot plus former college lineman with expensive tastes and who sees the glass as half empty and probably full of some cheap nasty liquid anyway.

To say that they are opposites is a vast understatement. And they've been very happily married for 35 years this past June.

Growing up I always used to gag and run from the room because they were cuddling on the couch and making out. Realistically, what twelve year old wants to see that nastiness? Even though I can't say I enjoy seeing my parents make out now, I am thrilled that I have had such a great example of enduring love and patience in a marriage.

Corey and I truly enjoy spending time with my parents, not just as mom and dad, but more as people. True, we seek out their advice and guidance on things (although my mom lies about how long it takes to install a ceiling fan) but our most memorable times are spent sitting around the fire pit in their gorgeous backyard, having a drink (or club soda) and talking. My dad and Corey love to golf together, and my mom and I will shop, cook, or simply watch the Beagador run amok in the backyard.

The Peanut can't wait to meet her Grandma and Grandpa, although I think Corey and I are in for a world of pain - my Nana and Papa spoiled me rotten and I have it under good authority that my parents have some of the same plans for their precious baby granddaughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I can teach you one thing about love it is that a good marriage is based on respect, and there is no one on this earth that I respect more than your Dad. I knew from the first moment that I met him that he would care for my heart with every breath in him. He is my best friend and even though he drives me crazy at times he always will be my best friend.
Even though you are my baby and will always be so, you have grown into a beautiful woman who I am proud to call my friend.
We also enjoy spending time with you guys and look so forward to spoiling our grand daughter, although I think that your Dad will do most of the spoiling.
Sorry about not finding a picture for you. I can't find one of us together either.