Friday, October 8, 2010

Baby update

I haven't really been playing this game, but I'll go ahead and do it anyway since I have nothing else to talk about. Here is the generic baby update form:

How far along? 28 weeks

Total Weight Gain? Wow. Getting awful personal right off the bat. Up 19 pounds since the beginning of our cycle with the RE, and up 14 pounds since our positive test. According to my OB now, those drugs make you swell up like a baby whale so I'm only counting the 14. It makes me feel better.

Maternity Clothes? I did buy two pairs of maternity pants and I hate them, so I mostly wear my old jeans with the buttons undone and long shirts to cover my ginormous belly. Yoga pants are also lovely.

Stretch Marks? None that I can see. Of course, the lower half of my body is now a complete secret to me, so I could have all kinds of things going on below the belly button that I'm unaware of.

Sleep? Somewhere between 24 and 27 weeks my bladder completely gave up, so sleep went along with it. I sleep in 45 minute increments between trips to the bathroom.

Best Moment This Week? Every moment she's cooking in there is amazing. Seeing her and hearing the heartbeat are always cool too. The upside of being 'high-risk' is getting to check on her so frequently!

Movement? Little girl is just finishing up her ninja training and it appears that she's graduating top of her class. The only times she calms down are after I eat (she apparently hates food just like her mommy) and when her Daddy reads to her every night. She quiets down for the story and then throws a holy fit when he's done.

Food Cravings? I hate food! The morning (all day) sickness isn't completely gone and nothing ever sounds good.

Gender? Still a girl, every time.

Labor signs? Braxton Hicks, but nothing real.

Belly Button? Still an innie, but I can now see my laparoscopy scar so I know it's stretching out some.

What I Miss? Brushing my teeth without vomiting.

What I Am Looking Forward To? Her nursery artwork coming in.

Weekly Wisdom? Never underestimate how cool it is to bend over without grunting like a sumo wrestler and losing your balance.

Milestones? Every single day is a milestone. I want her to keep cooking for as long as possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite the update, I could do without the vomiting parts but I'm sure that you could too. I agree, she needs to stay right where she is for as long as possible. Cook girl, cook!!!
Take all of your vitamins right now so she will be strong and healthy. She needs to be able to hold her own when Sprocket decides that he wants her toys or her strained peas. Strong bones means a tough right cross across the snout. It won't faze him much but she might stop him long enough to grab back her toy or swallow her peas. I'm sure that they will work out a great relationship and he will eat everything that she doesn't like. Can't wait to watch them do their dance. Heck I can't wait for it all, but I will until Dec 31 gladly.
Love, Mom

Webb said...

It sounds like everything is coming along great! I think I'm more excited for you and your baby than I was for my own two!... don't tell them that. But I guess it's kind of easier to get excited for something that I'm NOT going to lose sleep over when it finally comes out! Of course, from the sounds of it, your sleep may actually INCREASE post-peanut delivery.

Keep up the good work!