Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Two

So today's post is supposed to reflect the meaning behind my blog name. I'm pretty sure my blog name is "The Park Family" so I'm not sure how much direction you people need here.

I will explain that the meaning behind our blog address (yankeeandrebel) is that when Corey and I first started dating I would lament the fact that I already knew my children would be born with goofy little southern drawls and big blue eyes, and he teased me that his family would never accept his "Snobby Yankee Bitch".

Of course, years later we now know three things:

1) Peanut probably WILL have a southern drawl, but it's because her mama has started talking like a damned hillbilly, not because of her daddy. Somewhere along the line I subconsciously decided that if you can't beat them you should join them and I hear myself saying "Ya'll" and even "Ain't" on occasion. Then I lock myself in my room and repeat lines out of a diction book for thirty minutes.

2) Peanut only has a 13% chance of blue eyes. It's biology, not rocket science.

3) His family DID accept his snobby yankee bitch wife. In fact, they are all incredibly nice to me. I'm sure they secretly think some of my ways are very strange - "What do you mean she's never been frog giggin'? - but they are sweet nonetheless.

I haven't had the heart to tell them that the North won.